Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why WSU?

My goal ever since I have been a young child was to attend the Ohio State University and become a buckeye. Due to the increase in requirements to get into the prestigious university I was not accepted, and left confused and devastated. I had no other choice to apply to as many schools that interested me. Wright State was one of the schools I had spotted out as a backup plan to not getting accepted into my dream college. I chose Wright State over all of the other universities I was accepted by due to my visit. When I visited Wright State I was immediately blown away by the campus. Our guide leading the visit was very informative of the history of the school and sharing what the university had to offer. Another reason I am attending the Wright State University is that I was originally in an undecided major and decided that I would take my prerequisites somewhere close to home. Along with being only about an hour away from home, four of my friends were already decided to come to Dayton to attend Wright State. They needed another roommate in the house that I live in now, and they ended up convincing me to come to Dayton. I was very excited when hearing about all the activities and programs Wright State offers, so I am able to stay active while getting a great education. Although I was extremely upset about not getting accepted by the Ohio State University I believe that I have made the correct choice and Wright State fills all the qualities I need and want in the college life.

No comments:

Post a Comment